Jump to Navigation

Post-Divorce Modifications

Dublin, Ohio Post-Divorce Modifications Attorneys

If job loss, illness, or a geographical location prevents you from complying with the terms of your divorce settlement, you must petition the court for a post-divorce modification. Since divorce agreements are essentially court orders, failure to comply with child or spousal support obligations or custody and visitation schedules constitutes contempt. As such, you could be subject to fines, changes to your custody or visitation rights, or sent to jail. At Mowery Youell & Galeano, we prepare and file post-divorce modifications, providing financial, employment, and medical evidence when needed for consideration by the court.

If you can no longer comply with the terms of your divorce settlement, don't wait until a warrant is issued for your arrest or your wages garnished. To learn how we can help you, contact post-divorce modifications lawyers at Mowery Youell & Galeano today.

Child Support Modifications

Illness or loss of a job can make it impossible to stay current on child support payments. Alternatively, if a custodial parent falls ill or loses his or her job, it may be necessary to request a child support modification for a period of time. In either case, a post-divorce modification is necessary in order to protect yourself from additional legal complications. Too often, however, parents make the mistake of entering into an informal oral agreement to temporarily reduce or halt child support payments.

These kinds of agreements are not enforceable and are not sanctioned by the court. Keep in mind child support is intended for your son or daughter and not their mother or father. Consequently, you can't make a legal decision for them in regard to child support without first having it sanctioned by the court. If you and your ex-spouse have a failing out, not only would you be without any legal recourse or protection, you would also be subject to contempt charges by the court.

Geographical Relocations and Post-Divorce Modifications

If you plan on relocating due to a job opportunity or life change, you will need a post-divorce modification as well. Even if you are only moving a few hours up the road, this will impact visitation and custody arrangements. If you move out-of-state, the non-custodial parent may be granted custody of your children for longer periods of time during the summer or over school holidays. In any case, the court will need to review how your relocation will impact existing child custody and visitation arrangements.

Contact Divorce Modifications Attorneys at Mowery Youell & Galeano

Regardless of whether you are interested in a child support modification or need to notify the court of a planned move, we can help. For more information, contact our child support modification and relocation attorneys at Mowery Youell & Galeano today.

Recognized by Super Lawyers

Mowery Youell & Galeano, Ltd.

425 Metro Place North Suite 420
Dublin, OH 43017

Phone: 614-467-4923
Toll Free: 888-401-2692
Fax: 614-760-8654
Dublin Law Office Map

Contact Our Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy