Experienced Legal Representation In Business Matters
Small businesses often face the same liability issues as large businesses, without the benefit of an in-house legal department. At Mowery Youell & Galeano, Ltd. in Dublin, Ohio, our experience with employment law, business law and civil lawsuits gives us the ability to provide comprehensive legal services to small businesses. For many businesses, we provide the same kinds of services that in-house counsel would provide.
We often help entrepreneurs and small-business owners to select the form of business organization — limited liability company (LLC), S Corporation, or C Corporation — that is right for their business and the type of liability issues they face. Our lawyers will customize the way you incorporate your business so you are best protected from liability and obtain the tax treatment you want. We also advise clients about the important steps they need to take following incorporation to preserve the benefits of their chosen business entity.
Columbus Small-Business Law Attorneys
Our lawyers provide a full range of transactional services to help a small business get up and running, including:
- Attending corporate meetings and taking minutes
- Drafting by-laws and other corporate documents
- Drafting buy-sell agreements, partnership agreements, and stock redemption agreements
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and contracts with vendors
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for real estate acquisitions and lease agreements
- Sales or purchases of corporate assets
- Representing the business or individual partners or shareholders in disputes
- Employment matters, such as representing the employer in claims of employee discrimination and sexual harassment claims
- Employee terminations and severance agreement negotiations
- Business litigation
By focusing our law practice in these areas of small business law, our lawyers can represent you with full confidence based on the knowledge and relationships we have built up over the years.