Investigating Complaints Thoroughly And Effectively
Companies want to know that their people, their management, the faces that comprise their organization, are doing their jobs properly. Harassment, unfair treatment of employees, violations of employment law have serious consequences. However, an accusation of wrongdoing does not carry weight without evidence.
At Mowery Youell & Galeano, Ltd., we investigate every complaint against our clients vigorously and completely. We look for the truth of the matter and assist our clients in taking the necessary steps to protect themselves.
Helping Clients Comply With All Employment Laws
Employers in all industries have a duty to thoroughly investigate credible complaints. Some of the federal laws that require employees to investigate violations include:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s regulations
- The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988
We conduct detailed and analytical investigations of all employment law violations.
Using In-House Counsel To Investigate Is Not Always Wise
When an employee files a complaint, some employers turn to their in-house counsel to conduct the internal investigation. This decision may not benefit employers in the long-run.
- Attorney-client privilege does not protect all communications between in-house counsel and the client. Some communications are subject to discovery.
- The court can sanction employers that fail to turn over their in-house counsel’s investigation notes
- Working with in-house counsel may present a real or perceived conflict of interests
Retaining outside counsel such as Mowery Youell & Galeano, Ltd. can prevent these problems. We will communicate effectively with clients’ in-house counsel as we conduct a fair investigation.
Seek Our Help To Investigate A Complaint
Schedule a consultation with Mowery Youell & Galeano, Ltd. to discuss your complaint investigation needs. To reach us, call 614-467-4923 (toll-free at 888-401-2692) or send an email. From our office in Dublin, we serve the surrounding metro area and elsewhere in Ohio.